Thursday, January 6, 2011

A SET OF WEED POTS


My first set of little weedpots! Completed this past summer. Each one is approximately 7" tall and about 5" wide. They are made from spalted birch and finished with a hand rubbed french patina, which is food safe and non-carcinogenic.
Found the wood that I used for this in a landscaping companies wood lot. The owner was kind enough to let me root through they're piles of different things, and didnt want any money either! I ended up giving the owner the pot on the right as a thank you. It sits in his office now and I am welcome to hunt around anytime I like - which I will definitely do again. There are some beautiful felled trees there - ranging from hard maples, beech, birch and cedars. All of this is destined for the fire or to be chipped for use as mulch.

No comments:

Post a Comment